Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Election Day!!!

I stayed up really late last night and read and reread candidates websites and Q&As on local news sites.   I made up a list of  who to vote for in every category - including judges and school board members!

So then CJ and I get to our polling site this morning and I realize that I left it at home.  Not such a problem for me because I spent all that time researching - but CJ was totally dependent on me to tell him how to vote.   Last night and this morning I did talk to him about the candidates and why I made each choice - but he would never remember their names.

So we headed the whole 3 or 4 blocks home and we grabbed my sheets I had written up.  There weren't really any lines at our polling site - so it wasn't really a big deal.  We just felt silly... but we voted!!!

Voting freaks me out every time.  I get so anxious that I didn't fill in my bubbles perfect enough or that I somehow accidentally voted for the wrong candidate.  This time around for the general election I got to add the fact that filling in all those little bubbles made my poor little arthritic hand hurt.  Now that I went and voted - I just want to go and sleep until the election is over.  It is just too stressful to watch election coverage and go through all those ups and downs.  I just want to know what the results are and whatever happens in between happens.




No comments: