Monday, April 04, 2005

Dee - Lish - Us

So yummy.

I've been cooking a lot lately. I forgot how much I really like to cook.
I've been thinking I should actually write down recipes or something.

Today I made some Leek and Potato Soup. Mmmmm... I used yukon gold potatoes and chicken stock rather than vegetable.

Also - I have a pot roast in my slow cooker. Not sure how that will turn out. iwas being sort of nostalgic. I didn't have any carrots though. That made me sad. I couldn't find a recipe that I liked so I sort of winged it. I considered using the roast too make a shredded beef for sandwiches - but that's a lot of beef. THis is a little more versatile. It can be used for sandwiches and maybe even a stew made with the leftovers.

Yesterday for dinner Cj and I had turkey sandwiches made with roast Turkey, Muenster cheese, avocado, romaine lettuce and a yummy basil and garlic pesto sauce - all on toasted whole wheat. Mmmmmm.... put it in the oven until it's all melty and warm.

Sadly there is a somewhat lackluster chicken soup in the fridge as well. It's good - but not amazing. I was thinking about adding some andouille to it. I did add some hot sauce and that helped.

No comments: