Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ouch!

  So my wrists always hurt at night while I sleep, but a few nights ago it was a doozy.  I woke up and could barely move my hand - so I turned on the light and there seemed to be a bulge that moved in my wrist when I flexed my fingers.  It also had a sickening clicking sensation.  Being half asleep, the best thing to do seemed to be push on it and really flex those fingers.

   So I did that and felt a huge POP as something moved inside.  It felt less painful, but I got really really lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out and/or throw up.   

   Exactly ONE of my friends who I told this to were suitably horrified.  Lots of "Oh, that would have been weird" and "Yeah, that doesn't sound fun".  Only one guy responded with an appropriate "Oh my God, I would have thrown up or passed out if I had even been in the same room as you."  Thank you, one normal human being I have for a friend! 

Feels fine now.  Well - arthritic and sore like usual.  My version of "fine".  I've been sleeping with wrist braces every night and that seems to be helping.  I have arthritis in both my hands and wrists, so any steps I can take toward preventing damage and injury seems like a good idea.  Also - I sleep like a crazy person.  I twist my hands up into crazy claws and then end up bending my wrists in horrible ways while I shove them under my head and pillow.  Really, I probably should have been wearing some sort of wrist support since I was a kid.

No comments: